It is well known that smoking has a negative effect on our heath, from TV ads to packaging displaying the damage that it can cause. However, there are still people who continue this dangerous habit due to addiction. If you are one of them, but you are considering giving up, one way to do so is by switching to vaping instead. This way you can easily control the levels of nicotine that go in your body, helping you slowly lower them. There are plenty of other benefits of transitioning from smoking to vaping, the most important ones being the benefits to your health. Here is what happens when you stop smoking and start vaping:
The health benefits of switching to vaping
Improving their health is usually the biggest motivation for people when it comes to quitting smoking. A multitude is of organs are damaged with every cigarette you smoke, and stopping this habit will lead to those organs slowly healing.
- Reduced risk of stroke: Smokers are 50% more likely to have a stroke. Quitting cigarettes will reduce the risk significantly from the first day of transitioning to vaping.
- Reduced risk of mouth cancers: Smoking puts you at risk of developing cancer of the lips, tongue, throat, voice box and gullet. Lower the risk of developing these kinds of cancers by switching to vaping, and you will also notice an improved sense of taste.
- Reduced risk of lung cancer: Smoking is the main reason for 84% of deaths caused by lung cancer. Once you stop smoking, the lungs will regain the ability to self-clean.
- Reduced risk of blood clots: Your circulation is affected by smoking as well as your blood thickening, increasing the risk of blood clot. When you stop smoking, blood pressure will lower to a more normal level.
- Healthier skin: You can usually tell a smoker by their skin, as the amount of oxygen that your skin gets is reduced when you smoke – changing its appearance. Once you stop smoking you will notice a change in your skin for the better.
- Reduced risk of heart diseases: You are at risk of developing issues such as heart attacks and cerebrovascular diseases. When you cut out smoking you will be at a lower risk of having heart disease.
- Reduced risk of stomach cancer/ulcers: Your stomach is at risk of developing cancer or ulcers when you are a smoker. Stopping this habit will make you less prone to stomach issues.
Other lifestyle benefits of transitioning to vaping from smoking
While the health benefits should be enough to stop you from ever wanting to put a cigarette in your mouth again, there are plenty of other benefits that will come with transitioning to vaping. When it comes to your home and family, they will also benefit from the fact that they won’t have to suffer from second hand smoking. Your family will also be very happy to know you are trying to get healthier. You will also notice that the smell of tobacco from your house will be slowly eliminated.
From a social perspective, quitting this addiction will bring plenty of benefits as well. Firstly, your clothes won’t smell of tobacco. Secondly, you won’t have to leave a social situation because you need to go outside for a smoke, which will please both yourself and your friends. There are plenty of places that allow vaping in public and inside instead.
Transitioning from smoking to vaping can be done, and it will be much easier than quitting smoking completely and the benefits are definitely worth giving it a go.
For more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
We have a wide selection of kits to help you switch - Please visit: YOUR FIRST VAPE KIT